Friday, July 11, 2008

A Change of Pace




I've finally discarded my longtime position at Roseville Best Buy and accepted a job on Best Buy's traveling circus called the "project team". Basically, I'll be using the same skills I've practiced for years, but do so in a whole slough of different stores in the metro area and beyond. The team (10 or so people) I'll be on will be responsible especially for resets and new store openings in the southern/eastern parts of the Twin Cities, but occasionally anywhere else in the US.
When I join the team, our first task will be to prep the new Mall of America store for opening, which should be interesting.
Hopefully, this should mean I'll get most weekends off and I'll also be quitting my part-time job. I'm hoping this will make work more manageable for me in the future.
In the meantime, I'm taking 10 days off as a stay-at-home vacation. It's time to enjoy the summer!

Continuing on recent stories:



Idris graduates from Guess who? to Chess


Jenny did a marvelous job refinishing our table!

2 comments:

Natasha said...

That's awesome, Benjamin! It seems like it would be nice to have a change, and ten days off doesn't sound so bad either :) I'm excited for you guys! Congrats.

Katie Casey said...

Yayy! I'm so happy for you, Benjamin! I think the change of pace will really be good, as well as the improved schedule. Good luck!

(And how about Mister Morneau, Home Run Champion, eh? AND the Game-Winning-Run-Scorer! The Twins know how to represent, even if no one actually takes much notice. "Jason" indeed.)